Is your company or your client’s company going through growth pangs? Is leadership struggling with larger issues that they don’t have adequate time to address, worried about likely complications that are not yet investigated, or being frustrated by small issues that seem to go unresolved?
Our Opportunity Audit can be the solution needed to eliminate these causes of frustration. We are highly experienced, action oriented and extremely trustworthy. We operate in an unobtrusive and confidential manner. We blend expertise and common sense—from being a top exec, a consultant at the best consulting firms (PwC and AlixPartners) and from working at successful household name businesses over a 40-year career. We have driven multi-billion dollar issues, small family businesses, nonprofits and have even led the turnaround of a city of 66,000 people. We have generated benefits in excess of hundreds of millions of dollars when working as team members with the client’s staff and their other professionals.
With the benefit of an Opportunity Audit, the best possible decisions will be made after being able to answer questions such as the following:
1. Could cash flow still be adequate under realistic circumstances but woefully inadequate if even a few contingencies come true?
2. Are each of the managers fully confident that they have verified the key assumptions and are they ready to be held accountable for either success or failure?
3. Are mid-level managers already operating as if they are overwhelmed and without a sense of urgency and commitment? If so, how can this be corrected right away?
6. Is there a spirit of teamwork throughout the organization where everyone is pulling together in the same direction or is there a culture of individuals or groups stepping on others to go up the corporate ladder?
7. Will succession issues, family rivalries or management infighting make success more difficult?
8. Do the budget, the strategic plan and the financial projection tie together to enable success?
We have found that answering these questions could double net cash flow, identify upsides, examine risks, generate reliable information, and build solid teamwork. In the meantime, we will identify cash leaks and unrealistic budgets, find overhead imbalances and capacity constraints, and point out the most urgent action steps required.
Here are just a few examples of what our referral sources have said:
- We enjoyed working with you! You asked tough questions sometimes, but when you received a satisfactory answer you moved forward and didn’t look back. You did a great job for your client. We hope to have a chance to work with you again, too!
- My client and I were very impressed with your organization skills, your ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, and most importantly with the integrity that you demonstrated throughout this matter. We look forward to hiring and working with you in the near future.
- You have done an excellent job in taking a fresh look at our business. You have shown us how to learn from our mistakes and have given us creative new ideas to turn our company around and make it successful again. I only wish that we would have hired you a long time ago. Shame on us if we don’t follow through now and fully implement these changes.
- Our clients … have found you to be very hard working, diligent, honest and most importantly, able to have a clear vision of what must be done even in the most difficult and trying circumstances. We know we can rely on you to do an excellent job for our clients.
With an Opportunity Audit underway, we work cooperatively with management and other professionals in a proactive manner to operate as a highly-effective team. Under the client’s direction, we often can help to break a logjam and be a catalyst for many positive changes.
Ever since our firm was established in 1994, we’ve been extraordinarily responsive and superb collaborators. I will be working personally on each client, not a faceless army. My achievements include winning the local Turnaround of the Year Award, being appointed by Governor Granholm to successfully run the City of Pontiac as its first Emergency Financial Manager and an MBA from Wharton. For more details about my experiences and many testimonials, please see my website and my LinkedIn profile.
The beginning of the year is a great time to get started. Please call now at 248-514-3262 to set up a telephone call or a confidential meeting (with no cost or obligation) to discuss how we may be able to help make a difference.